Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Jamie Cullum

Jamie Cullum - Twentysomething

This album is for people who say:

"I like John Mayer." (is that a dangerous opening line? forget y'all, stop pointing at 'your body is a wonderland' and realize that john mayer is the best. distractions, hm. jamie cullum is john mayer minus the blues plus jazz, in my opinion.)

"My dad/grandpa/mom/grandma always talks about these old classics, like music will never be better than Singing' in the Rain. I just don't get it." (again, this album, man. jamie pours new life into songs that a generational divide can sometimes hurt.)


"I love jazz, but only when, like, Fiona Apple tosses me some jazzy sound chords. The full slab of jazz like 'Bitches Brew' level is just too much for me." (cullum writes songs, not jam sessions. i love ya miles, but 26 minutes later i'm not feeling too fulfilled either.)

"I really like cool covers." (radiohead, jeff buckley, my fair lady...goodness.)




No comments:

Post a Comment