Friday, December 2, 2011

Eric Whitacre

Eric Whitacre - Cloudburst and other Choral Works
Wiki / Amazon

This album is for people who say:


"Oh yea, I sang one of his songs in high school/college choir, it was everyone's favorite one to sing! We'd all be so passionate and one time we storystorylol, but wow, I didn't know he had a whole CD!" (i literally have one of those stories, so s'all cool.)


"Choral stuff is really boring, like hallelujah hallelujah and stuff? Yawn." (trust me, this is like choral music with pop sensibilities. i mean one of whitacre's favorite albums is frou frou's 'details' for steve's sake! no i did not stalk whitacre to find that out.)

"I want to know what floating around heaven sounds like/I need more mood music." (put on this CD late at night when you're falling asleep...wheee, drugs without drugs man.)

"Sometimes choral stuff is great, like in movies and whatnot...I also really like Imogen Heap's 'Hide and Seek', does that count as choral?" (no, but it still counts as heart-wrenching. funny story btdubs, i lost the word heart-wrenching in my head the other day, and got stuck remembering it as 'heart-wrangling'. love is a rodeo, hmm?)

"I want a name to drop at cocktail parties." (tread lightly though...you're pretty much 50/50 for 'OH MY GOD I LOVE WHITACRE I NAMED MY CHILD ERIWHIT' and '...oh. well, uh, i'm not a, uh, particular fan, haaaaah'. the latter will be dripping with condescension. some people, man. if you're that guy, shame on you. listen with your hearts, not with your egos.)


And, just for funsies, a neat lil boogie woogie version of the same track:



Also be sure to check out with techno-choral-opera stuff 'Paradise Lost'! It's super. I can write about that if anyone wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment